Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mobile Music Previewing Device

It would be about the size of your cellphone, and you can keep it in your pocket when going to a record store or whatever your favorite (non-digital) place to buy music is. If you see a CD that catches your eye, you would be able to search for it on your device and you'd be able to listen to soundclips to determine if it's worth buying the CD. I'm thinking it could cost about $10/month for the service, and the device itself shouldn't be too expensive.

I know some stores have listening booths, but most of the time they don't even work. Yeah, I could buy an iPhone but I don't have a billion dollars.

2 comments:

Nien said...

but you have internet and bittorrent.

Dave said...

Not when I'm at the store, Nien. And I'll forget when I'm home to look up the CD's I see.