Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Sorry But This is the Best I Can Do

Typically when you go out to eat the waiter/waitress gets our drinks, orders and disappears for the rest of the night. It's not a problem for most people but I drink a lot of water (the hose that it comes out of adds a certain flavor...) and it's weird when I run out.

However, tonight was another story. Every moment the last sip disappeared into my thirsty mouth and just as the glass was about to hit the table, the waitress had already started pouring more into my cup. Amazing. Go back and read that in slow motion to get the full effect.

I wanted to give her a huge tip but I couldn't afford it, so this is the best I can do. We should do a restaurant waiter/waitress rating system. After a meal, you give them a little rating or go online to some website to put it in. The idea is that if you see that this person is highly rated, you're might be more inclined to tip them. Also, restaurants can use this to screen for the appropriate wait staff to make sure the customer service lives up to the rest of their restaurant. This will also motivate those lazy waiters/waitress who suck to get their shit together. I mean seriously, I'm thirsty over here.

No comments: