Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Craigslist RSS Feed Thing

I have the highly unpleasant task of looking for a new place to stay in a strange, unknown city. I ask everyone for an insider's edge and they all refer me to Craigslist (thanks for the 'insider' edge). The problem is timing. I just have to wait until the right place at the right price at the right neighborhood shows up, which means I'm on Craigslist 24/7 hitting the refresh button praying for a miracle.

There's an RSS feed on Craigslist. Each posting seems to be formatted (price, location, description). Why not build a feed where I can specify exactly what price/where/how long (if I'm subletting) and then when it shows up it, it'll be sent to my feedreader?

The internet is a big place and I can certainly find other places to waste my time, like Twitter.

No comments: