Monday, July 7, 2008

Parked Car Locator

I went to the mall back home this weekend. It was one of those huge suburban malls with the giant parking lots. I sweat to God, it took me 1/2 hour to find my car because I couldn't remember where I parked it.

I think you get like an RFID tag, slap it on your car and have a little thing that beeps louder and faster as you get closer to your car. Or, have the RFID tag and have the iPhone pick up the signal. But it would still have to beep louder and faster as you get closer to your car.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Actually, there's a really great old-school version of this already. You know, those tennis ball antennae.

Nien said...

damn it. lately ive been completely tapped for ideas.

Jason said...

heylo peoples, nice idear for blog. Long time, not comment (but not read). Ah, but speaking of parked car locators, I was thinking of the same thing the other day for wallets/purses. If a baddie stole your stuff, they could be chased down by the po and arrested. Of course, this would not last long, b/c smart baddies would know to take the RFID out of said wallets/purses...but at least you'd get the dumb ones.

Anonymous said...

Yo nien what if you parked in a mutiple storied parking garage? Wont the beeping get faster even if you right below it???