Monday, September 20, 2010

Music videos.

This is both an idea and a prediction of sorts based on my own desires and predilections. I believe we're in a sort of renaissance of music videos. I rarely listen to music on itunes or other radio programming. Instead, I usually watch videos on a Youtube or Vimeo playlist. Even if I'm not watching the video, I choose to listen to music that way. Unfortunately, there is no 'record player' for music videos. There's no way to really invite that outlet into a party, unless everyone wants to crowd around your computer. My idea/prediction is for a record-player for music videos. My guess is that it would be a projector add-on to a typical stereo system or computer, with the CD/DVD/tape player playing music videos along with the music. This, I think, is a great way for a band like OKGo to finally make money, since videos are their stock-in-trade. People could buy the music video as a single (and I think people can buy music videos on itunes and such, but really the crux of the idea is how to play them), providing them finally with their income. La la la, other details, you get the idea, this sounds better in my head. Not all good ideas are simple!

No comments: