Saturday, August 16, 2008

Laundry Machine Notifications

I live in an apartment building (with a ton of other losers who can't afford houses) and we all share a laundry room. My laundry room is garbage because there is only two sets and one of the washers is broken so it's usually in use all the time. But also, I'm a retard because I'll put my stuff in there and then go off and do something else and forget that I have stuff in there. Or if I'm bored, I'll check two times before the thing is done. There has to be a better way.

There should be a way for us to plug in our phone numbers so that when our load it done, it'll send us a text for us to come down and pick it up. Or we can put our number in and add us to the waiting list so that when it's open and it's our turn, the damn thing will send us a text.

During the apartment hunt, one of the landlords showed me their massive laundry room. I bet if we have this system set up, it'll reduce the amount machines each building needs because it'll be used more efficiently.

3 comments:

not eb said...

www.ebdavisiii.com/ideas.html

Co-credit to Derek.

Alex thinks this is a stupid idea.

I think Alex is stupid.

tor said...

i thought this idea was just you (eb davis iii) being lazy when i first heard it when we lived in the giant house, but it makes a ton of sense for apartment buildings.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the idea is stupid, just that most washing/drying machines already have timers, so you could just set an alarm on your phone.

I think E.B. is stupid.

By the way buddy, there are 'blanket poncho's but we call the jackets, sweaters, hoodies, or long sleeved clothes in general.

-alex